Monday, June 18, 2007

New Roller Derby Blog

So, I finally decided to start a separate blog devoted to my new roller derby obsession so I don't scare away my few myrmecological readers from The Ant Room. I kept putting it off because I couldn't think of a good name (for the blog -- don't even get me started on my roller derby name!), but I finally just decided I'd better pick something and run with it. So here is the new Roller Derby Disorder blog. I like the word "disorder" in this context and have been trying to think of a cool roller derby name that incorporates it but have so far been unable to do so. Disorder can be defined as:
  1. A lack of order or regular arrangement; confusion.
  2. A breach of civic order or peace; a public disturbance.
  3. An ailment that affects the function of mind or body.
That all sounds about right to me. The funny thing is I just realized that, in many ways, roller derby is the complete antithesis of my work with ants, which is all about creating order out of chaos and organizing a massive amount of data into something coherent and structured. I think this is going to be good therapy for my brain.

No comments: