Friday, July 3, 2009

East Coast Derby Extravaganza 2009


Last year I tore my PCL just before ECE and wasn't even sure I was going to go. I went anyway, and had a great time watching, but of course I wished I could have skated. This year I wasn't going to let anything stop me. Luckily, I ended up on 3 challenge bouts. Unluckily, all three were scheduled back to back to back. First up: Superheroes vs. Villains. My name is probably more suited to the villains, but I always try to use my Mayhem Mojo for good, so I skated for the superheroes. Sadly, evil won over good, but we gave them a run for their money. Next up was Rice vs. Beans, which was definitely my favorite bout. Everyone on this team was super awesome and I had a great time skating with them. And, of course, Rice kicked ass (see score in photo). Last up was Babes in Skateland vs. Bruisejolais Nouveau. I was a Babe and was super psyched to rock my new baby blue ruffle butt panties for this bout. Babes won. Good times.

Oh, yeah, there were some WFTDA bouts, too. Sadly I was not able to watch the Boston v Carolina game (which happened at the same time as my challenge bouts), but I was there for all of the Boston v Windy City bout which was amazing. Also, there was a girl from Windy City who had a spectacularly sparkly shiny glittery silver helmet, which I covet.

Can't wait for next year!

No comments: