Monday, November 5, 2007

"I know I would die, But ask yourself...What would you do without roller derby?"

Via LeadJammer:

Derby Nation, help our sisters out!

November 3, 2007 - 10:31pm
The story lost on the B.A.D. girls, which amazes and disturbs me, is their venue was shut down a day or two prior to the second bout of their 2007 season. If you're not familiar with the B.A.D. girls, they were the darlings of the 2006 Dust Devil, advancing to the second round, and finishing 9th, after ONLY BOUTING ONCE before that! They tied AZRD, one of the most experienced teams in the country, to advance to the tournaments' final 10 teams. They came back in 2007 and held their ground and showed their ranking was not a fluke. They need our help! With a temporary venue an hour out of their market, they'll finish the season, but remain homeless going into 2008. This quote from one of the skaters says it all, "I know I would die, But ask yourself...What would you do without roller derby?"
more
I am continually pissed off and frustrated and sad about the goings-on of my league, but I must agree... I think I would curl up and die without it.

No comments: