Friday, September 7, 2007

What do Sarah Doom and Kevin Youkilis have in common?

Tuesday evening I went to see a Red Sox game with my hubby and my friend Amy and her boyfriend (we had bought them tickets as a birthday present). The weather was lovely and the game was excellent. There is a lot of downtime at a baseball game, however, and I spent most of that time scribbling roller derby ideas into my little notebook. I am obsessed. Every thing I encounter in the world has become fodder for my roller derby life. The big screen at Fenway showed a video of baseball bloopers, and I thought how great would it be to have a little video of roller derby bloopers to show between periods! Scribble scribble. Instant replay? Yeah! Why did that girl get sent to the penalty box? Let's watch! Scribble scribble. And those fancy game programs you can purchase on your way into the game with color photos and stats of both teams? That would be pretty cool. Scribble scribble scribble. Not that we can actually do most of these things right now, but I have so many ideas in my head that if I don't write them down I will explode. Amy said I looked like a spy taking secret notes on the players. Or a scout. Anyway, here are two photos of me and hubby which I shall call Happy Kari/Possessed Kari.

Oh, and the answer to the question in the title is that when both players come out the entire audience yells their name in a very deep voice that sounds like booing but isn't.

No comments: