Friday, February 15, 2008

Derby Artist Whiskey 7 Portrait Fundraiser

Over at Derby News Network I heard about an interesting opportunity to get a custom made derby portrait created for you by Whiskey 7, aka Athena Barbital of Sin City Rollergirls:

"So I broke my leg and ankle in 3 places playing derby and I’m thousands upon thousands of dollars in the hole. It happened RIGHT after the company I was working for closed and I had a lapse in insurance (of course)!

I can’t walk (or work) until April and I need your help!

Donate $100 and I will create a custom portrait of you, your friend, or teammate!

Your portrait can contain any catchphrase, be in your team colors, or include any particular quirks, character traits, or props that capture who you are!

You will need to:

-submit a high res (300dpi) photo of yourself

-and any other ideas that makes you (or your friend) who you are!

Each portrait includes an 8.5″x11″ and a 4″x6″closeup.

You will get a nice little package to download that includes high res files to print, and also formatted for use on the web.

Help a sista out! If you’re interested please drop me a line. Thanks!

Whiskey/Athena
Any donations, of any size are welcome!

Paypal email address is:
double_whiskey7@yahoo.com

Her first custom portrait (above) looks awesome, as do her past posters. Hmmm.... I'm thinking about it.

No comments: