Monday, February 4, 2008

Lungs are important

Here are some new things I have learned about myself in the past couple of weeks:

I do not have

  • Tuberculosis
  • Whooping Cough
  • Legionnaire's Disease
  • confidence in my healthcare providers
  • a healthy immune system
  • a chance in hell of being in a bout any time soon

I do have
  • pneumonia in both lungs
  • chronic sinusitis
  • possible asthma
  • small veins
  • a lot of catching up to do
It seems like every time I feel like I am making some real progress in my skating, something happens to set me further back. Grrr!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really hope you get feeling better. I have been there. What helped me was a really good vacuum, used almost daily, moving the cat outside, and starting allergy shots.

Thanks for a great blog. I am an aspiring RG, but I won't dare post "my" name, since I don't have one yet! ;)

Anonymous said...

It's only 4 months into my rookie year with OHRG with our first bout a little more than 3 weeks.

I'm not sure I'll be in though, because I've had almost the same problems that you have had...knee injury and a case of pneumonia (I'm glad I didn't need to go to the hospital for either).

What doesn't kill you, makes you a badass derby player?

- Deadeye Knight, Ohio Roller Girls